Monday, June 13, 2011

Lucky number 7.

Stephen and I chose to take a trip up to Seattle this past weekend to celebrate our 7 year anniversary! 



Our trip started by going to Kerry Park. It's (according to travel sites) one of the best places to view all of downtown Seattle. And it did not disappoint. And it's quite the photo op spot as we were joined by recent grads and wedding parties. 










Our next stop took us to the Washington Park Arboretum. In case you havent noticed, Stephen and I share a love of nature (nature that doesn't require getting dirty of course). We spent the afternoon walking around the numerous trails inside the park. And we finally got to try out the landscape setting on my Canon! They had some really unique trees. The neon yellow had to be my favorite. I've never seen one so bright in mid June.
Highlight of Washington Park: Stephen spotted an owl in the tree (last photo) after we heard a mating call from it. I have never seen one so close, and out in the wild no less. We were quite pleased!




We finished our anniversary by heading back to our hotel to get ready for dinner. We stayed at The Inn at El Gaucho right on 1st. Passing through the restaurant the smell of the restaurant was intoxicating. Yum. I thoroughly enjoyed the decor of the room. They gave us complimentary cookies too! I'm easily bought.
We went to dinner at Daniel's Broiler located right on the lake. They served the most delicious steak and mashed potatoes. I'm drooling just thinking about it. Stephen and I don't buy nice dinners very often so this was quite a treat! We finished off the night by eating (this was clearly the theme of the weekend) at our favorite dessert place. Hello red velvet cake!













Stephen and I spent Sunday walking around Pike Place and taking the ferry up to Bainbridge Island. The ferry has become my favorite thing to do in Seattle. It's a bit hefty to take your car ($25 one way) but we enjoyed it. 
On a side note: Stephen you are a dog creeper. Get your own puppy! 


I absolutely love getting a bouquet of flowers at the market. They are ridiculously cheap at $10 for the quality of flowers you get. I highly recommend taking them home if you are able. All in all, we had such a great anniversary weekend! Seattle reminds me how very much I love Portland. And that is a wonderful feeling.


And to Stephen, in a few weeks we will take our vows and I will become your wife. These past seven years have embodied love, growth, patience, honesty, and laughter. There will always be laughter between us. So here's to the next anniversary we share as a married couple!

1 comment:

  1. Kerry Park is incredible! You were like a minute from my old house :)

    I love that you guys take fun trips together!!! Let it never get old! Next time I see you COULD be the day you get wed! I hope I see you sooner, but if not, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete