Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rose festival.






This weekend Stephen and I went to the Rose festival, thank you Groupon. I haven't been to the festival in years, it was a little smaller than I had remembered. We spent the afternoon wandering the waterfront in search of well, food. Is there any other reason to go to the fair? We gorged on hand dipped corn dogs, snow cones, and chicken bento (Stephen only of course). Yum!
One odd thing about the festival was that you can't use cash anywhere. They force you to buy these "fun cards" with pre-filled amounts. So we ended up not using all the money we spent. I feel that's a trap somehow.
We did pay to ride one ride though, the ferris wheel! It was located in such a great location that I couldn't pass up the amazing views of Portland.
All in all, we will go again next year! The food alone will draw us in.

No comments:

Post a Comment