Monday, August 22, 2011

Washington weekend.

I'm going to take a quick break from the honeymoon blogging and recap what Stephen and I did this past weekend. On Friday, we spent the morning changing my name to "Chinn". It's official! I was quite excited to sign my new name for the first time. 
We then drove up to Seattle to spend the night with Molly and Jeff. We met them at a lovely Mexican restaurant for happy hour when we arrived. It was so nice to chat with them over drinks for a few hours. I was pretty anxious to see their apartment. I am extremely jealous of their balcony that overlooks a forest area! Following a fearful greeting with their pup Sam (!), we all spent the night walking around Queen Anne and chatting. It was such a lovely time. We woke up on Saturday and finished off our time getting breakfast at this cute little place a few blocks from their apartment. Thanks for letting us stay Molly! Cant wait to come back in October with Mrs. Peterson (hehe). 







After saying goodbye to Molly and Jeff, Stephen and I drove to Tacoma for the Ireland wedding. Our childhood friend Jeff was getting married to his UP alum fiance Katie. This was my first Catholic ceremony. I must say, it did not feel as long as people had described. The ceremony was extremely regal and traditional. We then headed to a country club for the reception. The weather was hot as can be, so needless to say we were all sweating. A lot. But the views were worth the heat as the outdoor reception overlooked a beautiful lake! The wedding was filled with wonderful food, a photo booth, and free alcohol (much to the delight of all the guests). It was such a fantastic evening. I got to catch up with people I hadn't seen in years and chat with my lovely friends. 










Congrats to the happy couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment