Tuesday, April 10, 2012

eggs, eggs, eggs.

Every year is always the same, I see some pictures (or now, some pins) and get it in my head that I can re-create these intricate ideas for my own easter eggs. And normally, it is usually an epic fail. This year was more of the same in some ways. 

First up: my gilded hollowed out eggs

I had seen a few pins of people who hollowed out eggs so they could decoupage on them. This process was actually easier than I expected. I cracked a few along the way, but was able to blow out four eggs for my gilded project. Instead of using foil like I had seen to make the golden, I bought this golden leaf paint and sponge painted it on the eggs. 

I loved them!







And now for the traditional method: I had bought a few of those home dye kits and these things just never seem to work well. Next year, I will try the food coloring method instead. I did attempt a silhouette using sticker letters and those seemed to work well. 

Now on to my favorite part: pictures, pictures, pictures.













To my husband: Thank you for partaking in all my silly traditions during the holidays that I so desperately want us to share. We are a family building memories for when we have our own children. You are such a sport and it means more to me than you know. I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment