Sunday, October 14, 2012

home. and sick. time to play catch up.

Well, after numerous days of little sleep, and 7+ plane rides in the last month, I am officially sick. Blah! I leave for Maine on Thursday so hopefully I will feel better before then. This day is bed gives me some time to play catch up...watch out.

First up, Victoria & Vancouver. 

We had such a perfect time in Victoria. We started our trip taking the ferry from Port Angeles in Washington to Victoria.  In Victoria, we walked around the pier and downtown area, visited the Buschart gardens, and did a "scenic" drive our first few days there. I had also researched a few "castles" they had in the are and we went to those as well. Having experienced the Pacific Highway Scenic Drive and castles in Europe, they really did not compare, but were still fun to see. I love sometimes when I travel and find things that are truly better in Oregon. We have one of the most beautiful coastlines.





The Empress Hotel

 






Parliament Building






The Butchart Gardens












The Craigdarrough Castle











The Hatley Castle






 



Nighttime fun


Chinatown






Ferry to Vancouver




No comments:

Post a Comment