Friday, July 13, 2012

tigard hot air balloon festival.

Going to this event has been two years in the making. I originally heard about this festival in 2010, but we overslept and that was that. In 2011, we were gone in Europe on our honeymoon. Finally, 2012 was my year! I put it in my gmail calendar a year in advance so we wouldn't miss it. With the weather not being great, we chose to take advantage of the nightglow on the Saturday of the festival. We had planned to go for the morning take off, but both were canceled due to the rain. 

The festival was great! I had never seen a hot air balloon before so I was as giddy as a school girl. Stephen and I both took tons of pictures while the ballons were inflated and left lit throughout the night. They are just so huge!

I would love to take a hot air balloon ride once in my life (hint hint husband!) 

And here are some of the numerous pictures I took from that night:






the inflating of the first balloon







all the other balloons:














I can't wait to go again - but next time they better lift off!

No comments:

Post a Comment