Our last vacation of the summer took us down to Crater Lake National Park. This place was on my bucket list, right up there with the Grand Canyon. On our way down, we stopped at the Wildlife National Safari in Winston, Oregon. I had been as a child and remembered few animals and an elephant ride. I can say that they have dramatically improved! We were able to see so many animals up close and even got to ride a camel.
After much searching, I found these adorable cabins for us to stay in. They were A-frame cabins with a wonderful rustic feel.
And finally, the lake. It was absolutely breathtaking. You simply cannot begin to describe the magnitude and and colors of the lake without seeing it in person. We spent a few days exploring the park. The first day we drove around the entire lake stopping at various points. That night we hiked up to the top of this hill to watch the sunset. It was incredibly windy and cold, but so worth it.
Our final day we did the most strenuous hike to the top of the summit. It was the most exhausting hike I have done to date. With no trees for shade and the entire hike at a steep incline, I was pooped by the time we reached the top. I am sure all these photos will look the same to most, but this lake deserves to be photographed at every angle!
Our final day we did the most strenuous hike to the top of the summit. It was the most exhausting hike I have done to date. With no trees for shade and the entire hike at a steep incline, I was pooped by the time we reached the top. I am sure all these photos will look the same to most, but this lake deserves to be photographed at every angle!








No comments:
Post a Comment